From my initial idea of a cocoon, to the addition to a lotus flower and finally working on my “Happy Death” collagraph.
Then my plate construction :
Finally all my prints to have a choice for final Assignment piece:
I painted a background with black Chinese ink and some metallic gold paint.Completely forgot to take a shot of the background only….
and finally decide that it was ready by choosing the final image….
I have being inspired by Cy Twombly audacity and had a go trying something careless for a change. The result was interesting and It felt so good!
I then, had some ideas for a new collage/mixed media artwork, using one of these painting as background but it didn’t quite work. I think it became too busy and visually tiring but I enjoyed the process.
Finally, I went back to a background I use in exercise 2.1 and it worked a lot better.
I have done some more couple sketches to develop in to more collage work but somehow I like it to stay as it is
For this exercise, and in general collage exercises, I cannot get the hang on sketching, I find it easier to put the objects/images I want together and play around until I decide what I want to do.
I tried I few sketches but it was pointless.
At last I chose this composition.
This was the process, starting with the lemon – most challenging part because of the light spots in the middle. The rest was ok, I think I managed to give it the simple light and dark contrast required.
These are old drawings and painting that I have kept for years. They are mostly A3 size paper except the book illustration which is A2. I like the idea of using some of them as background, specially the book, forest and moon ones. Next I tried all sorts of combinations to create a landscape […]